Mobile data pricing, mobile operator competitiveness rankings, market modelling & analysis, competition analysis (consolidation, 4 to 3 mobile mergers, effective remedies, new market entries), MNO near-zero marginal data cost, MVNO economics, mobile capacity-only play, mobile centric convergence (MCC) pro-competitive strategies and 4th MNO business case.
Founded in 2009 and incorporated in Finland, Rewheel is a privately owned independent telecom research firm and boutique management consultancy. Our clients are mobile network operators, telco groups, MVNO groups, competition authorities, telecom sector regulators, governments, global internet firms, mobile data-centric start-ups, PE and VC investors.
Rewheel has delivered management consultancy work for clients in the United Kingdom, United States, Ireland, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, Greece, Poland, Slovenia, Hungary, Russia, Romania.
The following authorities have acquired access to Rewheel's research: The European Commission Directorate for Competition, the United States Department of Justice, the New York, California and many other US State Attorney General Offices, the national competition authorities of Canada, Australia, the Netherlands and Greece, the Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Czechia, the Korean Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute, the sector regulators of the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Finland, etc.
Rewheel's mobile data pricing, strategy, competition analysis, merger assessment, network economics, spectrum, profitability and competitiveness focused reports have been cited by OECD Economic Surveys, The Economist, The Financial Times, The New York Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, WSJ and publicly referenced by the UK telecoms regulator Ofcom, BIPT, Vodafone, Telefonica, Tele2, Elisa, DNA, GSMA, VPs of the EU Commission responsible for Competition, MEPs, IEEE, ITU.
| Antonios Drossos
- 25+ years mobile industry experience, 15+ years management consulting & independent research
- Nokia, Northstream Sweden, 3GIS (network sharing JV in Sweden), ACN (MVNO), Omnitele, Rewheel
- Mobile data retail and wholesale pricing
- Market analysis, competition analysis/assessment, 4 to 3 mobile merger effective remedies design
- Pro-competitive spectrum auction design and strategy
- Business and profitability models, usage, subscriber, revenue forecasts, 4th MNO business case
- Strategic and tactical commercial LTE/5G infra vendor negotiations
- MVNO wholesale deal assessment and negotiation
- Network and spectrum sharing compensation mechanisms
- Commercial regulatory argumentation development
- Spectrum valuation
- Due diligence
If the scope requires, we involve in our consulting projects our trusted partner 2ndConcept Consulting
and other external senior associates. This has been the case for example when top-class specialist auction theory expertise (SMRA, CCA, CMRA), hands-on go-to-market strategy development experience, in-depth engineering skills or EU competition law expertise have been required in our more complex consulting engagements.